3. Learn how to ski in the valley In all villages surrounding Lake Achensee, children learn how to ski on the practice hills with parkour and conveyor belts right in the middle of the village. The parents can watch while the aspiring little skiers learn their first turns in a safe and fun environment. Children’s ski courses can be booked directly at one of the six ski schools.
4. Multigenerational family holidays The Achensee holiday region offers something for everyone. Children, parents and grandparents can engage in a multitude of winter activities: winter hiking, cross-country skiing in the side valleys or snowhoeing – you will be spoilt for choice with things to do.
5. Activities off the slopes Families spending their winter holidays at Tirol’s largest lake can enjoy a range of activities off the slopes. How about a horse sleigh ride or ice skating?
6. Tips for teenagers There’s loads of ways to fill a day with fun: The Skyglider AirRofan in Maurach, Snowtubing in Achenkirch or skiing with jumping into the Bagjump in Pertisau are perfect for anyone who wants a heart-pounding adventure.
7. Stroller-friendly trails Lake Achensee boasts a network of well maintained and stroller-friendly winter hiking trails, making it an ideal destination for family holidays with small children. While one parent goes skiing, the other one can take a leisurely stroll in the valley.
8. Effortless tobogganing fun Families with children who do not want to trudge uphill can take the lift to the starting point in Achenkirch. In Pertisau, a tractor toboggan shuttle or the cable car takes visitors effortlessly up the mountain.
10. Snowkiting Children and teenagers are keen to learn new sports. Achenkirch has the perfect terrain for snowkiting, an activity that involves using downhill skis or a snowboard and a specially designed steerable kite. Learn tips and tricks from professional kite instructors for maximum fun.
Find out more or adjust your settings.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.